Wednesday, September 19, 2012

PTA FEST 2012




If you'll apologize the weird picture format (Blogger refuses to allow me to do what I want with photos), I'd like to share in a little endeavor with all of you. For those of you who don’t know, my favorite director today (perhaps of all time) is Paul Thomas Anderson. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the opening weekend screenings of his newest film (and my most anticipated film of the year), THE MASTER. As such, I will have to wait until the beginning of next week to actually see it. Because of this, I have decided to partake in a little event I’m dubbing PTA FEST 2012. Starting either tomorrow night, I will be watching each of Anderson’s first five films in order and presenting my thoughts here afterward, eventually leading to my review of THE MASTER early next week.

Now, while I can’t promise these posts will be as in depth as I might like, I will do my best to provide at least a little of my “insight” in each. I hope this exercise will not only further my already immense appreciation and love of PTA’s films, but also inspire some of you to check out his work if you are unfamiliar or just haven’t seen it in a while. Either way, let’s get to watching!